- 15 dried tamarinds, peeled
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup Northgate Sugar
- Ice, for serving
- Peel tamarind.
- Place tamarinds in 3 cups of water and bring to a boil in a small saucepan for 5-8 minutes over medium heat.
- Allow the water to cool completely.
- With your hands take the tamarind and remove the bone.
- Place the deboned tamarinds into blender.
- Once all tamarinds have been deboned, place the boiling water into the blender.
- Add sugar and blend.
- Let the liquefied mix pass through a strainer and by hand crush what’s left in the strainer so that the water can pass.
- Add the remaining water (2 cups) and serve with lots of ice.
- You can sweeten to your taste by adding more sugar.