Sweet Mango and Cream Tamales
- 2 lbs of mangoes
- 2 cups water
- Sugar, to taste
- 2 lbs of corn dough , boiled corn
- 250 grams of cream
- 250 grams of sugar
- Water, necessary
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- Softened corn husks
- Peel the mangoes, cut into thin strips and put them to boil in a pot with 2 cups water and sugar to taste , until soft then drain
- In a large bowl whisk mass, cream or butter , 250 grams of sugar and baking powder . Add enough water and mix well until the dough forms a small eyes or portion thereof can float in a glass of water.
- Spread a tablespoon or two of the prepared dough on a sheet of tamale , add mango and wraps . Arrange the tamales in the steamer , cover and steam cook until dough appears from the leaf, between 45 minutes and 1 hour.
To soften the dried leaves of tamales , place them in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Let them soak until they are soft and pliable , about 3 hours. Drain well .
If possible , use fresh leaves of corn, because not only are smoothed in a short period of time, but also provide a delicate flavor.