Pork al Pastor (Spiced Pork)
- Pork loin or other cut (preferably lean), 1/4 lb. per person, cut into small chunks
- One can of pineapple for every 2 lbs. of meat (fresh pineapple can be used. Drain the juice from the canned pineapple and use it to make fruit gelatin.
- One small onion for each lb. of meat, diced
- Powdered chile and salt to taste
- Fresh onion and cilantro
- Your favorite Northgate salsa
- Tortillas, flour or corn
- Brown pork and diced onion in a large frying pan. Add all remaining ingredients except salsa and tortillas. Cook well while stirring until liquid boils off and meat is tender.
- Serve in large bowl with warm tortillas on the side, so guests can make their own tacos. A fresh green salad makes this a complete meal.