Cream of Vegetable Soup
- 1 lb. assorted vegetables: carrots, spinach, potatoes, celery, onion, broccoli
- 1 large can chicken broth (or use homemade)
- 2 Tbsp. margarine or vegetable oil (we recommend olive oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup flour (will thicken soup, optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Cut up vegetables and cook in broth until tender.
- Cool somewhat then liquefy in blender with other ingredients.
- If you added the flour, return to pan and cook a few more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream on each serving.