Chicken, Kale & Garbanzo Soup
- 1 Tbls. Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1½-inch Ginger, Sliced
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Mashed
- 10 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Cilantro Sprigs
- 1 Tsp. Each: Ground Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander & Smoked Paprika
- 6 Potatoes, Cubed
- 4 Carrots Chopped
- 1 Can Garbanzos, Drained
- Cooked Chicken Meat, Shredded
- ½ Bunch of Kale, Chopped
- Salt to Taste
- In a large pot heat oil and cook onion and ginger until onion is soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add dry spices and stir for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, carrots and cilantro and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Add chicken, garbanzos and kale and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.