Chicken Breast in Purslane Sauce
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast pieces
- ½ onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 Serrano peppers (optional)
- 1 purslane bunch
- 1 spinach bunch
- ½ cilantro bunch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Remove excess fat from chicken.
- Cut chicken into thin pieces.
- Cover and keep refrigerated.
- Chop onion, watercress and spinach into large pieces.
- Sauté in ½tbsp of oil: onion, garlic, and Serrano peppers until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add watercress and spinach. Cook about 1 minute.
- Add ½cup of water, cover and let cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and blend at low speed to keep the sauce chunky.
- Clean the pan with a paper towel.
- Add ½ tbsp oil and brown the chicken at high heat (about 3 minutes).
- Reduce to medium heat and add 1½ cups water and the blended sauce.
- Add salt, water, and pepper. Stir to incorporate.
- Cook covered at low heat for 3-4 minutes.