- 1-1/2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 lbs. Foster Farms® Picnic Pack Meat
- 1-1/2 cups Sweet Baby Ray’s® barbeque sauce
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over high heat. In small bowl, mix paprika, Cajun seasoning, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Trim excess fat from chicken.
- Rub all sides of chicken with seasoning mixture.
- Place chicken, skin side down, on hot grill rack.
- Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until outside of chicken is seared, watching carefully for flareups.
- If flareups occur, open grill and move chicken to outside, or cooler, part of grill.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Turn chicken skin side up.
- Cover and cook 30 to 35 minutes longer, turning occasionally and watching carefully for flareups.
- Brush skin side of chicken liberally with some of the barbeque sauce during last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Turn off grill, cover and let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165° and juices should run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife.
- Serve with any remaining barbeque sauce for dipping.