Cheese Stuffed Zucchini
- 4 zucchini
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp. of onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ white onion
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- Slice zucchini in half and use spoon to scoop out the flesh. Set flesh from all zucchini aside.
- Boil water in a pot and throw in zucchinis for 3 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from boiling water and set them aside.
- Chop zucchini flesh you had set aside, and place in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place saucepan with olive oil over medium heat and sauté garlic and onion for 4 minutes, then add chopped zucchini flesh and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stuff zucchini halves with sautéed mixture and top with cheese.
- Place zucchini in baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned.
- Boil tomatoes, garlic, and onion for sauce. Once softened, blend tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve stuffed zucchini with sauce.