Cacique® Salsa Taquera
- 5 large tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 2 cups roasted Hatch chiles, chopped and divided
- 1 Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled divided
- ½ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 key limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, place tomatillos with enough water to cover and heat over medium heat; approximately 12 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- In a blender, combine 2 cups Hatch chile, ½ queso fresco, crema, garlic clove, avocado, cilantro, onion, lime juice and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour in serving dish and fold in remaining hatch chile pieces and crumbled cheese.
- Serve over tacos or as a dip with tortilla chips.