Bread Pudding "Capirotada" Chihuahua Style
- 2 (1 lb) bags Northgate® Capirotada bread
- 1 lb Cacique® Queso Manchego, shredded
- 1 ½ lbs piloncillo
- 1 ½ butter bars
- 10 cups water (if it dries out, add more water)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup peanuts
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
- Slightly brown each piece of bread in a skillet and reserve.
- Heat up water with piloncillo and cinnamon in a pot until dissolve to a syrup.
- Grease the pan in an oven-proof dish and put a layer of bread, butter, pilloncillo syrup, walnuts, almonds, peanuts and raisin. Add cheese.
- Do the same procedure several times.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes (360 ºF).
- Serve in a plate.