Tuna Stuffed Peppers
- 6 poblano chiles
- 2 cans Dolores tuna in water
- 1/3 medium white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 oz grated manchego cheese
- 3 medium potatoes
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3.5 oz butter
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed marjoram
- salt and pepper
- Roast the peppers over the flame, put them in a resealable bag and let them sweat for 5 minutes; remove the skin and devein. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with a little salt. Set aside.
- Peel, cut into small cubes, and cook the potatoes in salted water. Set aside.
- Drain the tuna.
- Chop onion and garlic and sauté in a pan with butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the potatoes, tuna, garlic, onion, thyme, marjoram, and a little pepper.
- Rinse the peppers with salt. Cut them open lengthwise and remove seeds and veins.
- Fill with mixture.
- Preheat oven to 430 °F.
- On a buttered ovenproof glass dish place the stuffed peppers adding a bit of butter on each.
- Add the grated cheese on top, then cover entire surface with the cream.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve with refried beans, scrambled eggs.