Savory Tortilla Soup
- 2 tbsp. Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 4 husk tomatillos, peeled and diced
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 chile guajillo, seeded and toasted
- 1 tsp. chipotle chile canned in adobo, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 cup of tortilla chips
- 2 quarts of chicken stock
- 1 avocado, diced
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, tomatillos, onion, both chiles, garlic, oregano and cumin to the heated oil. Sautee for 15 minutes.
- Add tortilla chips to the pot along with the chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Once boiling turn down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend the soup in the blender until very smooth. Add the soup back to the soup pot and bring back to a simmer and check seasonings.
- Serve soup in bowl and garnish with tortilla chips, a drizzle of Cacique Crema Mexicana, crumbles of Cacique Queso Fresco, avocado and cilantro.