- 2 shots of tequila reposado
- 1 tbsp. orange liqueur
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. simple syrup
- 4 tbsp. tamarind puree
- 4 slices of serrano pepper
- lime wedges
- sea salt, for rim of glass
- 1 cup tamarind, peeled
- 1 cup water
- Place tamarind in small pot with water over medium heat. Let it reach boil with low heat.
- Remove tamarind from heat and let pulp set for 30 minutes. Pour puree through a fine mesh strainer, lightly pressing on it with a spoon, atop a bowl. Let cool.
- Add simple syrup into a mixing glass and lightly mash two serrano chili slices inside.
- Prepare glass by coating rim with lime juice and dipping rim in sea salt.
- Add remaining ingredients inside mixing glass, fill with ice, and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain over ice inside salt rimmed glass and garnish with lime wedge.