Squash Blossom Quesadillas
- Olive Oil
- Medium Onion, Chopped
- Minced Clove of Garlic
- 1 Poblano Chile, roasted, deseeded and chopped
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth
- Shredded Quesadilla Cheese
- 10 Fresh Squash Blossoms
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Epazote, Minced
- 4 Northgate Flour Tortillas
- Heat a large sauté pan with a little oil and sauté the onion, garlic, and the roasted poblano pepper for 5 minutes until the onions have become translucent.
- Then, add the squash blossoms and deglaze with chicken stock.
- Add the epazote, and cook for another 5 minutes until squash blossoms have wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- To compose the quesadilla, lay 2 of the tortillas on a flat surface.
- Distribute the cheese equally on both tortillas.
- Then, spread ½ of the squash blossom filling over the cheese.
- Cover with the other tortilla, place on heated griddle on nonstick sauté pan with a little oil, and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- When nice and golden brown on each side and cheese has melted, remove and cut into quarters.