- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled
- ½ pineapple
- 2 oz butter
- 2 oranges (juice)
- 4 tbsp finely minced peppermint
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Garlic salt to taste
- Peel pineapple and slice it ½ inch thick, remove center and cut each slice in 8 equal parts. Put in a bowl and sprinkle on top sugar, chili powder and half of the peppermint. Reserve.
- Wash and peel shrimps. Put in a bowl and top with orange juice, remaining peppermint, garlic salt and pepper. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Form skewers, threading 1 shrimp, followed by 1 piece of pineapple, shrimp, pineapple and shrimp. Reserve skewers in a table top.
- Put charcoal in grill until it achieves a medium-low temperature (embers white to reddish in color), put skewers on grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.