Shrimp Cakes with Mole Sauce
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Cup of Cilantro
- 2 Dried Ancho Chiles
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- Doña Maria Nopalitos 15 oz
- 1/4 Cup Dry Ground Shrimp
- 6 Eggs
- Doña Maria Mole 8.25 oz.
- Soak ancho chilies in a bowl of warm water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and dry ground shrimp together in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; pour egg mixture into small 2-inch circles in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture to make more patties.
- Blend ancho chiles, onion, garlic, cilnatro and water in a blender until smooth.
- Add more water if needed to make a soup consistency.
- Pour chile mixture into a pot over medium heat; add egg patties.
- Add Doña Maria Nopalitos, reduce heat to low, and cook until soup is heated throug for about 5 minutes.
- Add Doña Maria Mole on top to enjoy great Shrimp Cakes with Mole Sauce.