- 2 quarts of milk
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 1½ cups long-grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® with calcium and vitamin D
- In a saucepan, boil the milk, sugar, lemon zest and cinnamon to medium heat.
- Add the rice.
- Lower the flame to simmer and cook the rice, stirring frequently, until rice softens, about an hour.
- Remove from the heat, add Country Crock® and stir until it melts.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and if you wish, sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
- Serve hot.