When healthy cells are damaged, they are more vulnerable to certain types of cancers. Antioxidants (vitamins C and E and carotenoids, including beta-carotene, lycopene and lutein) help protect healthy cells!
- 1 lb. peeled pumpkin (can substitute other type of squash)
- 4 oz. coarsely chopped carrots
- 1 peeled potato
- 1 coarsely chopped onion
- 2 oz. honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 quart of water
- 2 cups of almond milk
- Place all of the ingredients (except for almond milk) in pot and boil until cooked (approx. 20 min).
- Remove and discard cloves and cinnamon.
- Puree other ingredients in blender and add almond milk as needed until all ingredients are blended. Read more about Antioxidants and find other Antioxidant-Rich Recipes on our Blog!