Pork and Mango Picadillo
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 cup thick-and-chunky salsa
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons smoked almonds or whole almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked white or yellow rice (optional)
- In a large skillet cook meat until no longer pink. Drain fat. Stir in onions, garlic, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, oregano, and thyme. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Gently stir in salsa and mango.
- Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into serving dish. Sprinkle with almonds and cilantro. If desired, serve with rice. Makes 4 servings.