- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 center-cut boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 6 cups hot steamed spinach
- 4 roasted sweet red peppers
- 8 wedges fresh pineapple, roasted if desired
- In large bowl, combine garlic, water, vinegar, soy sauce and pepper. Add pork, fat side up. Cover; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place pork, fat side up, in roasting pan. Add 1/4 cup marinade; pour remaining marinade into small saucepan.
- Roast pork in 450 degree F oven 50 to 60 minutes, basting occasionally with marinade in roasting pan. If pan gets too dry, add 1/4 cup water. Let pork stand 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Meanwhile, bring marinade in saucepan to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle sliced pork with warm marinade sauce. Serve with rice, spinach, red peppers and pineapple. Makes 8 servings.