Pineapple Teriyaki Grilled Cornish Hens
- 2 Cornish hens
- ¼ cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 ripe pineapple, sliced
- Butterfly hens using a pair of kitchen shears. Cut down the backside of the Cornish hen along the backbone on each side. Remove backbone completely. Flip hen over and lay flat.
- Pat hens dry with paper towels, and season thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Fire up grill.
- Add oil in iron cast skillet and place hens inside, skin side up. Place skillet over grill and let hens start to sizzle and add 2-3 pineapple slices.
- Flip hens skin side down, to crisp skin, once desired crispness is reached flip hens once more skin side up and add teriyaki sauce.
- Remove skillet from heat once hens’ internal temperature reaches 165 F. Remove hens from skillet and let them rest 5-10 minutes and cover with aluminum foil. While hens are resting, stir-fry remaining pineapple slices and serve with hens.