Nopal (Cactus Leaf) Salad
- 1 lb nopales cut in squares
- 1 cup onion cut in squares
- 1 cup tomatoes cut in squares
- 1 cup minced cilantro
- 4 oz El Mexicano® fresh cheese
- 4 lemons (the juice)
- 1 tbs vinegar white
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the nopales in a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil on a low fire.
- Stir until the juice of the nopales is burnt down. Set aside to cool down.
- In an pan, mix the tomato, onion, cilantro, and cooked nopales.
- Add the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Garnish with the El Mexicano fresh cheese before serving.