Lima Beans and Nopales Soup
- 6 cups fresh lima beans
- 6 grilled tomatoes
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 9 epazote stems
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 cups cooked nopales into strips
- 6 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 qts vegetable broth
- Cook lima beans in a pot with 3 qts vegetable broth, add salt, pepper and one head of garlic, boil for 1 hour.
- Blend grilled tomatoes with cilantro and 1 qt vegetable broth.
- Once the lima beans are cooked, add the blender mixture, epazote and cooked nopales, boil for 10 more minutes and add salt until desired flavor.
- Serve lime beans soup in a deep dish.