Lentil and Shrimp Soup
- 1 lb lentils
- 1 lb fresh peeled shrimp
- 1 tomato
- 1 small white onion
- ¼ cup white wine
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeno chilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boiled eggs
- salt and pepper
- Leave washed lentils soaking overnight.
- The next day, drain lentils, add clean water and boil with ¼ onion and a clove of garlic until lentils are soft. Strain and reserve the broth.
- Boil water in a pot and add a tablespoon of salt. Boil eggs for fifteen minutes and set aside.
- On a skillet, sauté the remaining garlic, green onions, onion, and chile, all previously chopped. Add the chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Separately sauté some previously chopped clean shrimp (save some for garnish), until pink. Add wine, stir for a few seconds, then remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a saucepan add the lentils and fried onions and tomatoes. Carefully stir until well blended. Simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add some lentil broth.
- Add the chopped shrimp and cilantro, and season to taste.
- Peel eggs and slice. Set aside.
- Serve the shrimp then pour lentils over. Decorate with uncut shrimp and sliced egg and a bit of cilantro. Serve with white-rice, salad.