- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium
- chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound kale, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium white potatoes, cut into cubes
- nonstick cooking spray
- ½ pound turkey kielbasa, sliced into thin rounds
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and bell peppers until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, chicken broth, water, kale, carrots, and potatoes. Cook on medium-high heat until potatoes are tender about 45 minutes
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté kielbasa until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey kielbasa to stew and cook for 15 minutes more. Serve while hot