Holiday Fruit Punch
- 3 quarts of water
- 7 guavas, halved
- 2 oranges cut into quarters including skin
- 2 pieces of sugar cane, peeled and cut into strips
- 8 crabapples, pitted and halved
- 1 apple, cored and quartered
- 5 prunes, pitted
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- Handful of raisins
- Sugar to taste
- 1/2 cup rum, or to taste (optional)
- Heat water with guavas, oranges, sugar cane, crabapples and apple in a pot over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and add the pitted prunes, cinnamon, cloves and raisins (Be sure to wrap the cloves and cinnamon together so you can easily remove them).
- Cook over medium heat until fruit is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Sweeten with sugar to taste. If necessary, add a little more water.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and remove cinnamon and cloves.
- If desired add rum.