Hatch New Mexican Green Chile Sauce
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups roasted new Mexican green chilies, peeled/seeded/chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In heavy-bottomed sauce pan, saute onions in corn oil until they begin to brown.
- Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- Stir flour in with onions and garlic so that it thickens.
- Add chopped chilies, beef broth and salt and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 to 15 minutes to allow mixture to reduce.
- The sauce should be thick enough to bind chilies and onions together.
- Sauce can be refrigerated for three days, or frozen.