Hatch Chile Rellenos
- 9 chili peppers (8-10 large hatch or poblano, roasted, stemmed, seeded, and sliced lengthwise down one side)
- 9 oz goat cheese
- 3 ozs raisins (chopped)
- 2 ozs pine nuts (lightly toasted)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 cup crema mexicana
- 14 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine the goat cheese, raisins, and pine nuts. Season with salt.
- Lay the chile peppers in a large baking pan. Stuff them with the cheese mixture then securely close them with toothpicks. Place in the oven and bake 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the Mexican creme over low heat until it is warm. When chiles are ready, place 1 or 2 on a plate and drizzle with warm creme. Garnish with cilantro and serve.