- 4 large carrots, grated on the large holes of a box-type grater
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 1/3 cup safflower mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon French herb mix (optional, but it’s really good)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix the salad ingredients together in a pretty bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients until smooth, then drizzle over the salad, stir to combine, and serve immediately.