- 3 liters of water
- 1 piece of cinnamon, of about 5 cm
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 cup cold water
- 2 ½ cups sugar, or to taste
- 600 grams of natural guava, fresh and washed
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 1 cup water to liquefy the guavas
- 3 cans of evaporated milk
- Boil 3 liters of water in a large pot with the cinnamon stick. Add the starch to the boiling water and let boil for 4 minutes over medium heat, and stirring constantly. Add sugar and mix.
- Besides, gradually liquefies guavas with 1 cup water. Strain and add to the pot along with the baking. Let boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Since guava is cooked slowly evaporated milk integrates a thin trickle.
- Let the whole mixture simmer for another 3 minutes, stirring constantly.