Guava and Habanero Glazed Ham
- 1 Farmer John® Spiral Sliced Half Ham, thawed
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 can (17 oz.) Guava marmalade
- 1-3 Habanero peppers, minced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, cubed
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325° F. In a sauce pan place the brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, Guava marmalade, Habanero peppers, butter and salt.
- Stir to incorporate and bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce to low.
- Keep on the heat for about 15 minutes, just long enough to marry the flavors.
- Remove from heat, remove the cinnamon sticks and let cool slightly.
- Place your fully cooked ham in a roasting pan.
- Drizzle the Guava & Habanero glaze over the ham.
- Cover the ham with foil. Place in oven and bake at 325° F. Set a timer to remind you to baste your ham with the delicious glaze every 15 or 20 minutes.
- You’ll want your ham in the oven for about 13 minutes for every pound. Remember to let your ham rest for a few minutes before you carve it.