Grilled Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
- 3 lbs. of potatoes
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 8 green onions
- 1 tbsp. marjoram
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place absorbent paper towels on a dish.
- Place potatoes in pot with 2 inches of salted water. Place lid on pot and let boil, reduce heat and cook until potatoes soften, approximately 15 minutes. Drain and let cool, then transfer potatoes into a deep bowl with 2 tbsp. of oil.
- Fry bacon in frying pan over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until it reaches a crunchy consistency.
- Dispose of bacon oil, except 1 tbsp. Remove pan from heat and add garlic, vinegar and sugar. Mix all ingredients together and add 4 tbsp. of leftover oil. Season with salt and pepper. Deposit dressing into a bowl.
- Grill potatoes for 2-3 minutes. Grill green onions, flipping them constantly, from 4-6 minutes. Chop green onions into 1 inch pieces.
- Add potatoes, green onions a marjoram inside bowl with dressing and mix. Let cool for 5 minutes and sprinkle with pieces of bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with fresh marjoram.