Grilled Nopales with Ranchera
- 4 peeled nopales (cactus leaves)
- Olive oil
- 1 lb flap meat (prepared)
- 4 oz grated cheese
- Northgate® molcajete sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Refried beans
- Wash the nopales with cold water.
- Dry them well and carve 3 or 4 diagonal lines to keep them from swelling on the grill and help them cook evenly.
- Cover the sides with olive oil.
- Place the nopales on the grill at a medium high temperature.
- Let them cook between 4 and 5 minutes on each side, turning them over now and then to keep them from burning.
- Take them off of the grill and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the ranchera at medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or to desired doneness.
- When cooked, cut it in small squares.
- Spread refried beans on the nopales, put the meat on top, and drizzle the cheese and add the molcajete sauce on top.