Grilled Chorizo and Shrimp Skewers
- 24 large shrimp (approx. 2 lbs.), peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice, and 1 lime cut into wedges
- 8 ounces of dried chorizo, cut into sixteen 1 inch pieces
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- Toss shrimp, garlic, oil, and lime juice in a large baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Soak 8 skewers in water.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread 3 shrimp and 2 slices of chorizo per skewer, alternating the pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill skewers until shrimp is opaque and chorizo has slightly softened, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Serve skewers on a platter with avocado wedges seasoned with squeezed lime, salt, and pepper.