- 1 (29 oz) Juanita’s Mexican Style Hominy
- 3.5 lbs of pork meat cut into bitesized pieces (Cushion Meat)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ onion
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 cloves
- salt to taste
- 6 green tomatoes
- 4 serrano chiles
- 5 leaves epazote
- 1 teaspoon ground hulled
- pumpkin seed
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Cook the meat in a pot with enough water to cover the meat, garlic, onion, bay leaves, peppers and cloves.
- Simmer for about 1 hour.
- Once it has cooked, remove the meat from the pot and set aside.
- Store the water for later use.
- Blend green tomatoes, chiles, epazote, ground hulled pumpkin seeds and salt.
- Once ingredients have blended well, fry the salsa in little bit of oil.
- Boil the Juanita hominy (be sure to drain it before) in the water where the meat was cooked and add in the salsa, simmer for 10 minutes.
- After hominy has boiled add the meat and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot, accompanied with cabbage, radish, onion and diced avocado.