- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- ½ stalk celery
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 poblano chiles
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 tablespoons white wine
- 1 cup grated menonita cheese
- lemon juice
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- 12 corn tortillas
- In a saucepan boil water with little salt, adding the cilantro and the celery cut into pieces. Bring to a boil and add the shrimp. Bring to a third boil.
- Immediately drain the shrimp and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain again and chop in large pieces.
- Finely chop the garlic and cut the onion julienne style and set aside.
- Clean and chop the poblano chiles and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter with the oil and sauté the onion and garlic; add the pepper and stir.
- Add the white wine and cook for a few minutes over low heat until vegetables are tender.
- Season with oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp and cook fast, check seasoning and set aside.
- Assemble the tacos with the stew and add cheese to taste.
- Grill or broil tacos until lightly brown, making sure the cheese is melted.
- Serve with refried beans and favorite sauces.