- Catfish: 1/4 per person, in pieces
- Optional: seafood such as shrimp in shell, clams, scallops, etc.
- Fresh vegetables, cut into pieces: carrots, potatoes, corn on the cob, zucchini, and onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste (powdered consommé can be substituted for salt)
- Optional: fresh, peeled tomato, cut into cubes (canned tomatoes can be used)
- When serving: lemon juice to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large pot with lid and cover completely with water.
- Heat to boiling and then reduce heat, continuing to cook soup until the vegetables are tender.
- Let sit for 1/2 hour before serving.
- Serve with Northgate bolillos and a fresh, wholesome salad.