Coca-Cola Oven Baked Nachos
- 1 2/3 cup of Diet Coca-Cola
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 ¼ lb. Chicken breast, skinless, trimmed of fat, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 cups onion, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 ½ cup green bell pepper, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 ½ cup red bell pepper, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 8 flour tortillas, 8-inch diameter, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 fat free non-stick cooking spray, as needed
- Place diet cola in a saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce to 3/4 cup. Set aside for later.
- Make topping by heating olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and sauté chicken until light golden on all sides, about 7-10 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In same pan, add onions and peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes, and then add garlic. Continue to cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and reduced diet cola. Add the salt and pepper, toss well and remove from heat. Cover to keep warm while preparing tortillas.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place tortilla wedges on non-stick cookie sheets and spray them with cooking spray. Bake until tortillas are crispy and lightly golden, about 12 minutes.
- Remove tortilla wedges from oven and transfer them into a dish. Sprinkle with cheese, chicken, onion, and peppers.