Clam Chowder Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 white onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup clams
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb medium potatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- salt, pepper and croutons to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add chopped onion and chopped celery and sauté until tender, stirring gently.
- Add the flour evenly, keep stirring; add broth, clam juice, sour cream, bay leaves and the previously peeled and cubed potatoes.
- Lower heat while you keep stirring until it thickens. Cook for 20 minutes stirring frequently until potatoes are tender.
- Add chopped clams and season as desired. Cook for 2 minutes.