Chiles Rellenos in Mole Sauce
- 6 pasilla peppers charred, peeled, and seedless
- 1 cup red mole paste
- ½ lb. imitation crab meat
- 1 pear, diced
- ½ white onion, diced
- 3 tbsp. oil
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 Hidden Villa Ranch eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 3 tbsp. flour
- Frying oil
- Char, peel, and remove seeds from pasilla peppers then set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add imitation crab meat, pear, and raisins. Grind tomatoes with sugar and add to saucepan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each charred pasilla pepper with mixture from saucepan and then coat each pepper with flour. Set aside.
- Beat Hidden Villa Ranch egg whites until reaching a frim consistency, then mix in egg yolks gently.
- Dip the flour coated chiles into the batter and fry in abundant hot oil until golden on both sides. Drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Prepare mole sauce and serve chiles rellenos bathed in mole sauce.