Chicken Tamales with Poblano Sauce
- 2 lbs chicken breast, boneless
- 1 white onion
- 2 whole cloves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Pkg Poblano Sauce Nueva Cocina®
- 4 lbs Northgate® prepared masa
- 30 tamale husks softened
- Place the chicken breast in a big pot; add the cloves, onion, garlic, salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil removing the foam on the surface.
- Turn down the flame, cover, and cook over low heat for 1 hour.
- Let it cool down; take out the meat and save the broth.
- Shred the chicken in small pieces.
- Mix the poblano sauce with the chicken mix.
- On your kitchen table place the masa and the chicken mix.
- Spread ¼” to ½” of masa across the corn husk.
- Add a spoon of the chicken mix in the center of the masa.