Chicken in Mole Sauce
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground White Pepper
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 3 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 cup Doña Maria’s Original Mole Sauce
- 1 cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Heat oven to 375º F. Heat olive oil in a large, high-sided, oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Combine salt, cumin, garlic powder and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Season chicken thighs with spice blend.
- Add chicken to the pan, skin side down, and brown until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken thighs over and add lime juice, scraping up any browned bits on bottom of the pan.
- Add Doña Maria® Original Mole Sauce and chicken broth and stir gently to dissolve sauce.
- Place pan in oven and bake uncovered 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove pan from oven and transfer chicken to platter.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with white or red rice.