- 3 lbs. Flap Meat (Ranchera Meat)
- 1 whole red onion, diced
- 1 can (7 ounce) smoked chipotle peppers in abobo sauce
- 1 whole orange zest, juice
- 10 cloves garlic
- 12 oz. pineapple juice
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 limes zest, juice
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Day before grilling:
- In a blender, mix lime juice, pineapple juice, orange juice, garlic, 1-cup brown sugar, red onion and a few chipotle peppers, to taste.
- Pour in a large bowl.
- Stir in rest of the brown sugar, cilantro, olive oil, lime zest, orange zest, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add a little more salt than you would normally so it can penetrate deeper into the meat.
- Marinate meat in one gallon size GLAD® Storage Bag.
- Refrigerate until the next day.
- Heat the charcoal according to the directions and carefully place the marinated beef on the grill.
- Cook evenly on both sides until desired doneness is reached.
- Remove, slice and serve.