Cactus and Chicken Tamales
- 10-15 soaked corn husks
- 1 1/2 lbs. unprepared masa
- 1 cup of grilled cactus, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup of kale chopped in mid-size pieces
- 2 oz. of jalapeños in vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 10 oz. of grilled chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 cup Pompeian grapeseed oil
- Prepare the sauce by mixing in a blender the cactus pieces and the kale with 2 cups of water.
- Combine the masa, cactus and kale sauce, Pompeian Grapeseed oil, salt, water, and baking powder in a sauce pan.
- Mix until you have a consistency that you like.
- Smear prepared Masa over a large corn husk.
- Place 1 oz. of chicken and 2 pieces of jalapeños.
- Wrap the tamal until it is fully closed on all ends-except the top.
- Steam in a tamale steamer for approximately one hour.