Brown Rice with Lemon and Cilantro
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 teaspoon of grapeseed oil
- ¼ bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, roasted
- 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Juice from ½ lemon
- In 1 teaspoon of oil, sautee the rice at high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Cover the pot tightly and cook at high heat for 10 minutes, then at medium heat for 10 minutes and at low heat for another 10 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare a dressing by blending the cilantro, garlic, oil, salt and lemon at high speed.
- Fluff rice with a fork and mix in the dressing.
- Serving size: ½ cup
- Caloríes: 150
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Trans fat: 0mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- MyPlate Information: Grains 1 oz (whole grain)