Biscayan Dry Cod
- 2 lbs dry cod
- 2 lbs small potatoes cooked and peeled
- 4 lbs tomatoes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- 1 whole head of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lb finely chopped onion
- 1 cup green olives with seed
- 1 fresh anaheim chilies
- 1 jar large capers
- 1 can red peppers (drained)
- 10 bay leaves
- Rinse the cod brushing any excess of salt. Leave cod to soak, preferably throughout the night, changing the water as frequently as possible. Clean the cod removing skin and bones. Shred and set aside.
- Grill the tomatoes until the skin is brown and soft.
- In a large pan heat up the oil and fry the garlic, onion and lastly the parsley. Blend the tomato, drain it, and add it to the pan. Cook for half an hour or so to concentrate flavors.
- When ready, add the potatoes, olives, capers, and the shredded cod. Simmer over low heat for 1 hour, stirring constantly so it does not stick to the bottom. Add the bay leaves and peppers.
- Before serving, drizzle the hot cod with olive oil.