Baja Fish Tacos with Cactus Tortillas
- 1½ lbs. Catfish Fillet
- 1 Northgate González® Nopal Tortillas Pack - 36 ct.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup of crafted Mexican Beer - preferably dark beer
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 5 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 jalapeño, seed removed and deveined, finely minced
- 1/2 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 tbsp. dried Mexican Oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pico de Gallo/Garnishment
- 2 cups Cole Slaw Mix
- 2 tbsp. Ranch
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 4 limes sliced into wedges
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1½ cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Add the egg and beer, then stir into a batter.
- Lay the fish fillet out onto a flat surface and dust with flour, then mix the fish pieces into the batter.
- In a skillet or cast iron pan, gently heat olive oil.
- Working in batches, add the pieces of fish fillets making sure they have a good coating of batter.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Mix all of the Cream Sauce ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Take the Nopal Tortillas, place the fried fillet inside and add all of the garnishment.
- Add the cream sauce on top.
- Add guacamole if you wish.
- Now you are ready to enjoy great Catfish tacos in Nopal Tortilla Baja Style!